|Gold Box by John Dahlsen|
"I see that by making this art, it is a way of sharing my messages for the need to care for our environment with a broad audience. I feel that even if just a fraction of the viewing audience were to experience a shift in their awareness and consciousness about the environment and art, through being exposed to this artwork then it would be worth it. This stems from the fact that I believe presently humanity is at a critical point in time, with our planet currently existing in a fragile ecological state, with global warming hastening unheard of changes, all amplifying the fact that we need all the help we can get.
This is my way of making a difference, and at the same time I’m sharing a positive message about beauty that can be gained from the aesthetic experience of appreciating art, as well as giving examples of how we can recycle and reuse in creative ways. These artworks exemplify my commitment as an artist to express contemporary social and environmental concerns. By presenting this art, to the public it will hopefully have people thinking about the deeper meaning of the work, in particular the environmental issues we currently face.
I hope these works will act as a constant reminder to people about awareness."
|Eco 1st Art: Digital Driftwood Print by John Dahlsen|
- Strive to respect, nourish and protect all living things; people, animals and the environment are all interconnected
- Require integrity and compassion in all that we do and say
- Knowledge leads to understanding, and that understanding will encourage us to take action
- Every individual has the ability to make a positive difference
- Flexibility and open-mindedness are essential to enable us to respond to a changing world